It's been a relatively quiet week in the wonderful world of pOp this week (it's coming up to Christmas, you see...), there are a few tidbits of information that we thought were worth mentioning.
* Dancing With The Stars contestant Toni Pearen (who had moderate pOp success in the early '90s with singles 'In Your Room', 'I Want You' and 'Walkaway Lover') is apparently back in the studio, in the hope of relaunching her singing career off the back of the popular reality series. She's also uploaded another unreleased demo onto her MYSPACE PAGE.
* Australia's premier boyband (or is that manband?) Human Nature will release a new album prior to Christmas. The album is said to include versions of some of their previous hit singles recorded alongside a symphony orchestra.
* Re-formed Irish boyband Boyzone is apparently headed down under soon for a promotional tour in support of their Greatest Hits album 'Back Again - No Matter What'. The band's new single 'Love You Anyway' is now available on iTunes Australia.
* Electro Funk Lovers (also known as Mister Timothy) is apparently about to confirm Katie Underwood as the group's new vocallist, with new music hitting the airwaves soon.
* If reports are correct, the battle for the coveted UK Christmas No.1 position this year will be between two duets; Elton John with The Killers and Gary Barlow with UK comedian Peter Kay.
* Sweden's 'countess of pOp' Emilia De Poret will launch her debut Aussie single 'Pick Me Up' at an exclusive event this Wednesday. The single is due in-store this weekend.
* Fans of Aussie r&b princess Ricki-Lee will get an early Christmas present this year as the singer awaits the release of a 'singles collection' compilation album similar to that recently released by Shannon Noll.