• They blitzed it with their previous single 'Like A G6' and now Universal Music is hoping lightning will strike twice, with Far East Movement's new single 'Rocketeer' heading to Australian radio yesterday.
It's one of a number of new tracks that have been sent out as part of the first week of official servicing in 2011.
• Others from Universal include 'Handled Myself Wrong' - the new single from 20 year old Perth songstress Grace Woodroofe, The Lonely Island's new single 'I Just Had Sex' (featuring a guest vocal from Akon) and 'Fifty500', the latest single from Gyroscope's latest album 'Cohesion'.
• EMI's also kicked off the week with a new single from global superstar Katy Perry. 'E.T.' is the fourth single to be lifted from Katy's platinum selling album 'Teenage Dream'.
• They've also sent out 'This Is Why We Fight' - the second single to be lifted from The Decemberists new album 'The King Is Dead'. The new LP is currently slated for release this Friday.
• Speaking of this Friday, the Slim Dusty best-ofs will hit the stores at the end of the week and EMI has announced that fans can expect to be treated to some rather rare Slim footage when they do. They'll be able to get their hands on Slim's 1999 live performance for the ABC's 'Studio 22', featuring eight tracks performed with his band 'TCB'.
• And John Williamson will release the brand new title 'In Symphony' at the end of the month. The recording on the new live CD/DVD set was captured during a performance at the Sydney Opera House in October and brings together the celebrated country star's music backed ably by the Sydney Symphony. 'In Symphony' (below) is scheduled to hit stores on Friday January 28.