Saturday, October 27, 2012
SATURDAY NEWS WRAP #113
• If you'd love a rundown of all the other tracks serviced to media across the course of this week, best you head over to our FACEBOOK page, where we posted a comprehensive list on Thursday this week.
• Look out! British girl band Little Mix have arrived on our shores for their week-long visit to promote their hit single 'Wings' and their forthcoming album 'DNA'. The girls are expected to spend time in both Sydney and Melbourne during their visit, which will include a performance of 'Wings' on 'The X Factor' this Tuesday night and on 'Sunrise' on Wednesday morning. The single has been placed inside the iTunes top 20 this week - a position that will no doubt improve on the back of their visit.
• Brisbane four piece Millions will release their new four track EP 'Cruel' in the middle of next month and are headed out on the road to celebrate. They'll play shows in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide, kicking off at Oh Hello! in their hometown on Thursday November 15. Check HERE for all the guff.
• The line-up was announced this week for next year's 'Golden Plains' festival. To be held at the Meredith Supernatural Ampitheatre on Victoria's Queen's Birthday weekend in March, the seventh edition of the event will feature appearances by the likes of Cat Power, Dinosaur Jr, Tallest Man On Earth and The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion. Tickets are available via a ballot HERE.
• UK outfit Foals have announced a Sydney sideshow while the band is in town for the Big Day Out. They'll play the Oxford Art Factory on Wednesday January 23, tickets for which are on sale this Monday.
• If you'd like to check out this year's Jagermeister Independent Music Awards, keep your eyes peeled on Channel [V], where a half hour special on the event is set to be broadcast this Thursday night. The special will feature performances from the night, along with the handing out of the major gongs. It airs from 8:30pm this Thursday.
• His star has risen rather quickly in the UK and though we've not heard much about him in Australia just yet, he's already shining. Jake Bugg's debut self-titled album has smashed the No.1 spot on this week's UK albums chart, edging out Mumford & Sons and beating off a respectable No.3 debut for Leona Lewis' new album 'Glassheart'. The repackage of Rebecca Ferguson's album sees it debut at No.5, with the new Bat For Lashes album debuting immediately behind. Art Garfunkel's 'The Singer' is the other top ten debut for the week - in at No.10.
• Over on the Billboard 200 albums chart, meantime, Jason Aldean's new album 'Night Train' slams into the No.1 position on debut, dropping Mumford & Sons to No.2. Brandy scores herself a highly respectable debut at No.3 with her new album 'Two Eleven', with further top ten debuts courtesy of Scotty McCreery, Jamey Johnson and Dethklok (Nos.4, 5 and 10 respectively).
• Now with the action on the UK and US charts taken care of, you'll no doubt be wanting to know what's happening here at home on the ARIA Top 100 charts. Best that you head back here tomorrow morning for our regular Chart Watch segment - live on the site at 9am AEDT.
Posted by auspOp at Saturday, October 27, 2012