Friday, October 5, 2012

SONY CONFIRMS CLARKSON BEST-OF

It's obviously a big night at Sony HQ, what with Delta's new clip premiering minutes ago and the Susan Boyle album confirmed. But now they've revealed that Australia will be getting the new Kelly Clarkson best-of album in the middle of next month.
'Greatest Hits - Chapter 1' will cover Kelly's most beloved tracks thus far including local smash hits 'Since U Been Gone', 'Because Of You', 'Miss Independent', 'My Life Would Suck Without You' and her recent No.1 Aussie smash 'Mr.Know It All'.
But the album is also set to include the brand new track 'Catch My Breath' (cover image pictured above).
Co-penned by Kelly, the singer revealed via her website what it's all about.
"It's been a decade now since I won American Idol," she said in a statement posted on her website. "Sometimes it feels longer because although it has been exciting that was a lot of pressure to have as a 19 year old girl. To own a company, lead an organization as a business woman, and be able to create music I'm proud of has been tough but inspiring for me. To celebrate the strength and longevity that my fans, friends, and family have supported me with I wrote this song 'Catch My Breath' with one of my best friends that has seen me through everything. This song represents who I've been, what I've felt, and where I'm headed as not only an artist but as a 30 year old that is now smart enough to know that it's time to stop, catch my breath, and be proud of not only what has been accomplished but of all the people that have helped me become the woman I am today. The song will be part of my first ever greatest hits coming in November. Thank you everyone that has been a part of my career and life. Here's to another decade of passion and fun! I hope you like the song…its coming next week!"
It's not quite coming next week, however, with the single due to impact at both media and digital retail on Wednesday October 17.
Kelly's 'Greatest Hits - Chapter 1' will hit retail in Australia on Friday November 16.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

TRACKLISTING?

auspOp said...

Hey Anonymous,

Nothing yet, unfortunately.

The auspOp team

Anonymous said...

Hopefully it includes the following...
A Moment Like This.
Miss Independant.
Low.
The Trouble With Love Is.
Breakaway.
Since U Been Gone.
Behind These Hazel Eyes.
Because Of You.
Walk Away.
Never Again.
One Minute.
My Life Would Suck Without You.
I Do Not Hook Up.
Already Gone.
Mr. Know It All.
What Doesn't Kill You (Stronger).
Dark Side.
Catch My Breath.

I love when all the singles are included, i wouldn't be suprised if Low, The Trouble With Love Is & One Minute are not included.

Anonymous said...

So the song will be on itunes and available on October 17 is that correct

Anonymous said...

The USA Said were getting it on the 22nd October on Radio hopefully it wont change its plans

Anonymous said...

I remember watching the first American Idol and when it was down to the final 5, I could list everyone but Kelly - she always slipped my mind. Then she ended up winning!
Look at her now!!

auspOp said...

Hey Anonymous #3,

That's what Sony tells us and that's what's in the article...

The auspOp team