Friday, December 20, 2013

SELENA TOUR CANCELLED

Well colour us surprised. Actually, not the least bit surprised, actually. We mentioned when the tour was announced barely five weeks ago that Live Nation was taking a risk by bringing Selena down under for a series of concerts in larger venues given her limited popularity and chart reach.
Today they've announced that the upcoming tour, scheduled to kick off on February 01 at Perth Arena, has been cancelled, with the young starlet citing personal reasons for the cancellation.
"My fans are so important to me and I would never want to disappoint them," she said in a statement. "But it has become clear to me and those close to me that after many years of putting my work first, I need to spend some time on myself in order to be the best person I can be. To my fans, I sincerely apologize and I hope you guys know how much each and every one of you mean to me."
Credit card purchases will be automatically refunded, but potentially not for a few weeks due to the Christmas holiday period.

February 01 : Perth (Perth Arena) CANCELLED
February 04 : Adelaide (Entertainment Centre) CANCELLED
February 06 : Brisbane (Convention Centre) CANCELLED
February 07 : Sydney (Entertainment Centre) CANCELLED
February 08 : Melbourne (Rod Laver Arena) CANCELLED

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

She must thinkshe's like Hilary and Miley but really she's only still famous because of being Beiber's sidepiece

Anonymous said...

A REAL SHAME.

She should of JUST Rescheduled.

auspOp said...

Hey Anonymous #2,

We suspect "spending time on myself" is actually code for "tickets just didn't tell" and "I overestimated my popularity in Australia"...

The auspOp team

Anonymous said...

Whenever tours get cancelled I love the excuses they. At least Madonna and several others admit they are gonna make sweet f*** all from coming here and dont bother.

Bringing Selena here in arenas would be like bringing Demi Lovato for an arena tour, no one wants to see attention seeking non-slutty antics on a big stage.

Anonymous said...

Lol @ the last comment - so true!!!